On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 21:25, Oğuzhan TOPGÜL <oguzhantop...@gmail.com> wrote:
> hey guys,
> i'm in terrible with these shared memory.
> I tried to write a basic module by looking at the examples that basic module
> just holds a counter and prints it to the client.
> when i compile the code attached, i got no error messages. But in apache
> error.log file i got
> lots of
> [notice] child pid 32653 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)
> and my module does not working.
> if you have time to look at my code and send me your advices i'll be
> appreciated. Because i'm getting crazy about these shared memory concepts.
> I just want to define a global variable and process it in each request from
> different sources.
> Regards,
> Oğuzhan TOPGÜL

First remove the exit(1) from child_init. Otherwise apache does not
succeed in creating any children.

If this does not solve your problem, comment all lines dealing with
the mutex and retry. I'm not saying that you don't need mutexes but
commenting them out would at least restrict the area where the
segfaults happen.