On 11/30/2011 2:09 AM, Stefan Fritsch wrote:
On Wednesday 30 November 2011, Guenter Knauf wrote:
Am 30.11.2011 01:51, schrieb William A. Rowe Jr.:
On 11/29/2011 5:30 PM, Stefan Fritsch wrote:
Currently my scripts produces:

http://people.apache.org/~sf/error-msg-numbers.diff
http://people.apache.org/~sf/error-msg-numbers.list

This is level info and up, but that is easily changed.

Everything from debug level up should be coded. Suggestion,
should we allocate numeric ranges per-file, core vs add-on
module, so that there is room for expansion?

I am not sure that this is necessary. The error log lines already
contain the module name or "core".

You need room for expansion.  We will add messages :)

If you produced a sequential list of error codes, wouldn't it be
more sensical to have all mod_authnz_ldap errors in a contiguous
list?

I'm not suggesting changing the alpha prefix.  Just block out
ranges so that any listing of the codes is grouped by module that
emits them.