On 1/29/2012 11:53 AM, Stefan Fritsch wrote:
On Wednesday 25 January 2012, Jim Jagielski wrote:
Looking over the code, impl as a hook seems more "isolated",
rather than the current impl which is intrusive (which is
part of what we're trying to avoid, aren't we?)
OK, patch is attached. This needs review/testing for Windows.
I'm assuming this is part of what is needed to get 2.4 going as well as Joe's big core overhaul in r1235019?

I'm willing yet would prefer patching 2.4 for testing than patch & build trunk.