----- Original Message -----
> On 4/20/2012 6:25 AM, Igor Galić wrote:
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > I started cleaning out mod_ssl and mod_rewrite's comments
> > in order for them to be accessible to mere mortals. Similarly
> > as we have started doing with their respective documentation.
> >
> > The patches can be found here:
> >
> >    http://sprunge.us/VCZB
> >    http://sprunge.us/gbNj
> >
> > I will commit them unless someone objects that these sort
> > of comments have more value beyond the purely sentimental.
>
> I'm happy with such changes on trunk.  They are fun, but the module
> has changed radically since it was written, RSE should no longer be
> assigned the majority of the blame ;-P
>
> He should be assigned attribution under ABOUT_APACHE (oh my that's
> grown
> into an entire novel).  It only needs to be placed in NOTICE if
> subject
> to an advertising clause (the donation predates AL 2.0).
>
> Please ***do not backport***.  It's worse than whitespace changes,
> because
> at least whitespace changes can be skipped with command line options.

Bill,

I did absolutely not intend to back-port this.
Given the majority of the feedback I've received, I'm not going to
commit it on trunk either.
Instead I will be moving on. Leaving it to braver committers to fix
that what isn't broken.

Igor Galić

Tel: +43 (0) 664 886 22 883
Mail: i.ga...@brainsware.org