Hi Jim,

On 03/06/2013 02:51 PM CEST +02:00, Jim Jagielski wrote:
As trunk and commit watchers may have noticed, I've added
a rough mod_proxy_websocket extension module to trunk. The
basic idea was to have a simple tunnel that could be used
to proxy websocket requests, and that's the design... I still
need to add the basic 'send initial rec'd headers' to the
backend to get it functional.

Also not sure if a true tunnel makes the most sense,
but it's a start ;)

How is your module related to this module?
https://github.com/disconnect/apache-websocket
I guess yours is intended to proxy websockets, whereas the latter is intended to handle websockets locally somehow.

However, using mod_websocket from the mentioned Github location, I discovered that it has timeout issues when mod_reqtimeout is loaded too (unless request body timeouts are disabled). Apparently mod_reqtimeout now enforces timeouts in non-blocking I/O mode independently from apr_socket timeouts. I.e. the call to apr_socket_timeout_set() in mod_websocket.c doesn't disable all active timeouts anymore. The result is that the websocket is disconnected after 20 seconds (RequestReadTimeout default for body timeout).

How does your module handle these timeouts?

Regards,
Micha