On 15 May 2013, at 9:23 PM, Ruediger Pluem <rpl...@apache.org> wrote:

> Now we have:
>
> t/apache/pr17629.t         (Wstat: 0 Tests: 4 Failed: 1)
>  Failed test:  4

Looking at a verbose version of this test, we see this:

# expected: begin-foobar-end
# received: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
# <html><head>
# <title>400 Bad Request</title>
# </head><body>
# <h1>Bad Request</h1>
# <p>Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.<br />
# </p>
# </body></html>
not ok 4

Tracing through the code, we get a bad request because we trip over this code
in mod_deflate:

            /* If we actually see the EOS, that means we screwed up! */
            if (APR_BUCKET_IS_EOS(bkt)) {
                inflateEnd(&ctx->stream);
                ap_log_rerror(APLOG_MARK, APLOG_ERR, 0, r, APLOGNO(01390)
                              "Encountered EOS bucket in inflate filter
(bug?)");
                return APR_EGENERAL;
            }

Why does seeing an EOS in the input stream mean we screwed up? I don't follow.

Regards,
Graham