On 17 May 2013, at 11:26 AM, Ruediger Pluem <rpl...@apache.org> wrote:

> We should not see an EOS bucket before
>
> inflate(&ctx->stream, Z_NO_FLUSH); in line 1061 returned Z_STREAM_END. This
> would mean we received an incomplete
> compressed stream.
> And if we see Z_STREAM_END we leave the for loop and stop processing buckets.
> Hence we cannot hit a possible EOS bucket
> in the brigade any longer.
> So the test possibly sents an incomplete compressed body.

Further investigation showed mod_deflate making some wild assumptions as to the
structure of the brigades it received. While deflate correctly detected a
truncated body, deflate broke if an EOS bucket followed directly behind the
last compressed bucket, which is a valid combination.

Fixed in r1484832.

Regards,
Graham