On 10 Jul 2013, at 9:09 PM, "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net> wrote:

> Right, but let's just take a look at our official STATUS and how you
> have treated it in the past year, and how that differed from 2.2...
>
> http://markmail.org/search/?q=%22.z+versions+are+Stable%2FGA+releases.%22+2.4.2+list%3Aorg.apache.httpd.cvs+order%3Adate-backward#query:%22.z%20versions%20are%20Stable%2FGA%20releases.%22%202.4.2%20list%3Aorg.apache.httpd.cvs%20order%3Adate-backward+page:1+mid:n6rwwa2jfc2of6to+state:results
>
> At what times was the tree 'open to tag' by any RM?  You effectively
> placed a block on potential release activity and held STATUS hostage
> to your whims for well over 1/2 of the past 12 months, but rarely met
> a commit date, and often held it hostage with no specific commitment.

I don't follow, at no point have I ever interpreted someone saying "I'll RM" as
"stand back - I have the baton and nobody is allowed to do anything until I say
so". All it means is "I'll RM", nothing more.

If someone doesn't RM when they said they would, it is probably because
something came up, or perhaps a security issue appeared and they hope that it
be resolved, or any of a number of reasons. Nothing stops someone else stepping
up to say "mind if I take over? I want to see this out the door".

Regards,
Graham