> I propose the following patch:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~rjung/patches/vhost-pr54948-part2.patch
>
> Caution: I did not really understand that code, but tracked what
> happened during digesting the broken config using additional log output.
> The original patch for PR54948 not only removed the unwanted internal
> duplicates but also dropped the 443 part from any ":80 :443" VirtualHost.
>
> Someone knowing this code better should confirm, whether my addition is
> correct or whether PR54948 should be fixed in a different way.
>
> IMHO the current 2.4.5 code is really broken and we should either
> release the code with r1485675 reverted or an additional fix on top.
>
> The config that was broken is our ASF www.apache.org config. Version
> 2.4.5 ignored the 443 part of most of the ":80 :443" vhosts, more
> precisely all except for the default vhost and the first internally
> processed one. Since the first processed one was the last declared one,
> which was originally meant as a fall through catch all, that vhost now
> handled all 443 traffic.

I applied this to trunk after running into an unrelated NVH issue and
sorting through some of the confusing structures again.

But I looked closer at the infra config, and I cannot simulate it
without also adding "listen 443 http" otherwise mod_ssl complains that
the <vh *:80 *:443> doesn't have a cert.   Do you know this works on
www.a.o?