The only thing I worry about is that the below
patches aren't even in 2.4 yet, although maybe they
should be in the release-after-next.

Oh yeah... I recall you had an issue with me building
because of potential issues with using a later, but
still 100% valid autoconf/libtool setup. I am not
going to downgrade just to build 2.2 so if that is
*really* a concern, backed-up by the PMC, then someone
else will need to RM.