On Tue, 12 Nov 2013 14:25:57 -0500
Jim Jagielski <j...@jagunet.com> wrote:

> Oh yeah... I recall you had an issue with me building
> because of potential issues with using a later, but
> still 100% valid autoconf/libtool setup. I am not
> going to downgrade just to build 2.2 so if that is
> *really* a concern, backed-up by the PMC, then someone
> else will need to RM.

I'll defer to the list.  Unlike several recent releases, I don't believe
this one will be a security release, so any change in behavior won't be
as troublesome as an 'update now!' vulnerabilities fix release.

It seems we have picked up the autoconf fixes (looking at the toolchain
of FC19), so my concerns are somewhat lessened.  My own opinion is -0
for jumping from libtool 1.5.x to 2.x for the legacy 2.2.x branch, but
I don't feel strongly enough either way to cast a more explicit vote.
There's always the option for the user to re-buildconf if they do find
some issues or regressions.

$ ./buildconf
found apr source: srclib/apr
found apr-util source: srclib/apr-util
rebuilding srclib/apr/configure
buildconf: checking installation...
buildconf: python version 2.7.5 (ok)
buildconf: autoconf version 2.69 (ok)
buildconf: libtool version 2.4.2 (ok)
buildconf: copying libtool helper files using /usr/bin/libtoolize
buildconf: creating include/arch/unix/apr_private.h.in ...
buildconf: creating configure ...
buildconf: generating 'make' outputs ...
buildconf: rebuilding rpm spec file
rebuilding srclib/apr-util/configure

Looking for apr source in /home/wrowe/dev/httpd-2.2/srclib/apr
Creating include/private/apu_config.h ...
Creating configure ...
Generating 'make' outputs ...
Invoking xml/expat/buildconf.sh ...
Copying libtool helper files using /usr/bin/libtoolize
Creating config.h.in ...
Creating configure ...
rebuilding rpm spec file
copying build files