Hi Ewald,

Am 12.12.2013 10:16, schrieb Ewald Dieterich:
> [...] Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

I would consider the segmentation faults to be bugs. The question is
whether they are bugs in httpd or in mod_security...

Looking at the backtraces I noticed that most threads are busy in a
syscall (i.e. poll(), read() and the like) or waiting on a thread mutex
(i.e. pthread_cond_wait() etc.). Those threads are blocked and most
likely do not actively contribute to a segfault. In both segfaults you
can find a thread that is currently running a signal handler (i.e.
kill()). If I remember correctly, it is quite error prone to handle
signals in multi-threaded applications. I would assume your segfaults
are related to these typical signal handling issues with multithreading.

Hope that helps...

Regards,
Micha