On 01 Jan 2014, at 1:59 PM, Stefan Fritsch <s...@sfritsch.de> wrote:

> I definitely like this idea. While I haven't done a full review of the
> patch, I have a few questions:
>
> Aren't the apr_table keys case insensitive anyway? Why do we need the
> case conversion of the key names?

All the variables in subprocess_env are all uppecased, before I added the
uppercasing the variables were the only ones lowercased when they were listed
and it looked wrong.

> Maybe making ap_regname() accept an optional prefix string that is
> prepended to each name would be a good idea?
>
> Maybe the use in <LocationMatch> and friends should add some prefix to
> the names? Like "m_" or "match_" or "m:"? This would make it more
> difficult to shoot oneself in the foot by allowing a remote attacker
> to set env variables that have some special meanings elsewhere in
> httpd (or in an executed cgi script). And/or maybe these values should
> be filtered out again when exporting them to cgi env variables?

I wondered about this, on one hand it is nice to be able to set any variable,
but on the other hand there is a lot of safety in preventing someone from being
able to shadow an existing variable. I had "MATCH_FOO" in mind originally.

Regards,
Graham