On 15 Jan 2014, at 3:04 PM, Jim Jagielski <j...@jagunet.com> wrote:

> Sounds good to me :)

Had to do some digging to get my head around the impact.

If the PCRE_DUPNAMES is missing, the list of names of variables is shorter than
the list of variables defined, and you could have a variable value applied to
the wrong name. I think we can live with this as long as we clearly document
that people should expect undefined behaviour on older versions of pcre if they
use duplicate names inside regexes.

Example:

In older pcre, the second captured value "sitename" will be applied to
"othername".

Regards,
Graham