You could define, by mistake, the as wi Define & Macro, then, what will happen ...

On 20-02-2015 15:09, Tom Browder wrote:
On Thu, Feb 19, 2015 at 2:08 PM, Tim Bannister <is...@c8h10n4o2.org.uk> wrote:
On 19 Feb 2015, at 13:02, Nick Gearls <nickgea...@gmail.com> wrote:
Wrong answer: mod_macro uses the syntax $var but also ${var}, which is mandatory if you
want the variable to be a part of a string, like in "${var}abc".
The syntax really clashes with the Define directive, so it should be changed.
Another unused character could be used, like §
There aren't many suitable symbols left unused.

To make interpolation not clash with Define I'd prefer “${macro:var}”, or
something like that, to “§{var}”.
Since there is a clash with Define why not '@{var}'?

But I still wonder why the need?  Since it works somehow, can't you
just fix the parse warningin the macro definition?  (I took a cursory
look at the code, and I'm again overwhelmed--will take some time to
get familiar with it for me.)

Best regards,

-Tom