Am 12.06.2015 um 13:49 schrieb Yann Ylavic:
Hi Christophe,

On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 1:26 PM, Christophe JAILLET
<christophe.jail...@wanadoo.fr> wrote:

should this warning at startup be an issue, why not just remove it in 2.4.x
and keep it in trunk?
Having the depreciation written in doc (and in migration note for 2.4 ->
2.6/3.0 one day) could be enough, no?

Probably, but the (only one) warning per startup can possibly
encourage users to look at the doc :)
Let's see what others say.

I don't have a strong opinion, but if we want to remove the directive in the next version, then it would help to keep the deprecation logging to make people aware and reduce the migration complains a bit.

Logging only once instead of for each certificate is IMHO enough and much better.

As to if the current situation in 2.4.14 is a problem or should be tolerated (lots of log output for people with huge numbers of certificates) I'm quite undecided.

Regards,

Rainer