On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 12:35 PM, Jacob Perkins <jacob.perk...@cpanel.net>
wrote:

> +1 to Noels comments.  We have a ton of servers running Apache 2.4 with
> our control panel.  Doing this in a point release will cause us to have to
> change our product instead of doing a regular Apache release.
>
> When you have a server with 10k+ SSL vhosts, this can cause massive,
> unexpected problems. I have a feeling that this will cause massive
> headaches with all those running Apache 2.4.

Thanks to Noel's comments, we have dropped this to one message at a quieter
log level for the next 2.4.x release, and we can assist with a tiny patch
to any recent 2.4.x.

It doesn't make sense for us to hold up a release when that change has been
in the last several releases however.  (That's a high barrier for making
progress.)

Make sense?

—

--