Hmm, I can tell you for certain that modules encountering HTTP/2 connections
in 2.4 do not find the filters as they may expect.

So far, I have not heard of any breakage related to this. Which is not to say
it does not exist.

AFAIK the patch will only affect connections where ap_get_protocol() returns
something else than the default. So far, this is only true for h2 connections,
which is not enabled by default.

So, I do not see the need for worries here.

-Stefan