Reindl Harald <h.rei...@thelounge.net> writes:

> agreed - however, below some configs where my brain rumours how have that
> identically behavior by just use "brotli" compression in case the cient
> supports it - maybe someone with deeper insights as my pure adiminstrator
> view has a idea by looking at it
>
> the "no-gzip dont-vary" stuff is for long running scripts with
> output-flushing to give "realtime" feedback instead have it all buffered
>
> one brainstorming: "AddOutputCompressionByType" provided by whatever module,
> proceed the Accept-Encoding of the client and deciding the compression algo

Adding the new output filter to the AddOutputFilterByType directive will
result in what you're looking for.  For instance, changing

  AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/html

  AddOutputFilterByType BROTLI_COMPRESS;DEFLATE text/html

means that the server will send Brotli-compressed data to clients that have
"br" in their Accept-Encoding request header, and Deflate data to other
clients that indicate gzip/deflate support.

> SetEnvIfNoCase Request_URI (download.php)$ no-gzip dont-vary
> SetEnvIfNoCase Request_URI (download_imgzip.php)$ no-gzip dont-vary
> SetEnvIfNoCase Request_URI (presse_download_zip.php)$ no-gzip dont-vary
> SetEnvIfNoCase Request_URI (content_sub_move.php)$ no-gzip dont-vary
> SetEnvIfNoCase Request_URI (synch.php)$ no-gzip dont-vary
> SetEnvIfNoCase Request_URI (import.php)$ no-gzip dont-vary
> SetEnvIfNoCase Request_URI (admin_imagecopyrights.php)$ no-gzip dont-vary
> SetEnvIfNoCase Request_URI (newsletter.php)$ no-gzip dont-vary
> SetEnvIfNoCase Request_URI (importer.php)$ no-gzip dont-vary
> SetEnvIfNoCase Request_URI (create.php)$ no-gzip dont-vary

The V1 patch doesn't add the equivalent of "no-gzip" (like, "no-brotli") env
variable.  This is left out for future work, and until then these statements
cannot be migrated seamlessly.  However, I think that the wanted behavior
here could be achieved with mod_filter's FilterProvider directive using
an expression that doesn't install any compression filters for the scripts.

Regards,
Evgeny Kotkov