On 10/31/2016 02:43 PM, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> It would, but that would mean even more of a APR dependency
> and a wait until the next release of APR and etc, etc, etc...
> Basically, APR moves too slow for httpd.

Which creates the generic question for me: Can't we setup APR in a way that for
certain aspects we could compile
"drivers" against an existing APR whose code exists outside of APR first and
gets part of standard APR later easily?
I guess the redis stuff does not necessarily qualifies for this idea yet,
because we have no caching backend API defined
in APR yet that would allow to just plugin different drivers / providers
(memcache does not seem to have a genric API
defined yet).

Regards

Rüdiger