On 03/01/2017 23:11, Jim Jagielski wrote:

> Back in the "old days" we used to provide complimentary builds
> for some OSs... I'm not saying we go back and do that necessarily,
> but maybe also providing easily consumable other formats when we
> do a release, as a "service" to the community might make a lot
> of sense.

2 years ago it was decided to stop the official -deps (despite they are
included in dev still)... now you want to bring it back? (you'd have to
if you're going to roll usable binary packages or your "community
service" re-built packages are going to be broken)

Although I as many others here prefer to roll our own due to our
configs, and not having to deal with bloat, I can see this having a
positive effect for users of a couple of distros who when they release
brand new releases, come with antiquated junk thats outdated and stays
outdated, to give those users a choice of using a modern code set would
be good, but requires long term dedication.

--
Kind Regard,

Noel Butler

                This Email, including any attachments, may contain legally
privileged
information, therefore remains confidential and subject to copyright
protected under international law. You may not disseminate, discuss, or
reveal, any part, to anyone, without the authors express written
authority to do so. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify
the sender then delete all copies of this message including attachments,
immediately. Confidentiality, copyright, and legal privilege are not
waived or lost by reason of the mistaken delivery of this message. Only
PDF [1] and ODF [2] documents accepted, please do not send proprietary
formatted documents

Links:
------
[1] http://www.adobe.com/