On 17 Jan 2017, at 7:40 PM, Luca Toscano <toscano.l...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Since this email thread seems important, is there any update from anybody
> working on it? It would be great to open a bugzilla task otherwise, to track
> everything and make sure that we don't forget about it :)

I looked at this a while back - I found that pipelining support is causing the
blocking.

When we’re handling pipelined requests and we reach a limit, we block. What we
should be doing instead is looping round back to WRITE_COMPLETION, waiting for
permission to write again. This should be reasonably straightforward to fix,
but my financial year end is the end of this month so can’t look at this till
February.

I suspect pipelining support has been suppressed in v2.4.x event MPM, and was
at some point “fixed” on trunk, bringing this problem back.

Regards,
Graham
—