On Tue, Feb 7, 2017 at 11:34 PM, Reindl Harald <h.rei...@thelounge.net> wrote:

> Am 07.02.2017 um 22:53 schrieb Yann Ylavic:
>>
>> I mean the application can know about "X-Forwarded-Proto or whatever"
>> header, it could act with it like it does with HTTPS=on (if it
>> wishes)
>
> for that you would need to touch each and every application and you have not
> secure way to know for sure if that header is trustable, when mod_remoteip
> is part of the game you even don't know (and should not know) the physical
> connecting IP

I agree with that, "X-Forwarded-Proto or whatever" was meant to say "a
trustable information", and I even agree that's mod_remoteip's job to
give that information.

I just don't think we should make as if httpd were running https (i.e.
for all modules/applications to think it is), but rather give the real
information: trustable remote is running https.