> Am 21.06.2017 um 21:07 schrieb Jacob Champion <champio...@gmail.com>:
>
> On 06/21/2017 11:58 AM, Jacob Champion wrote:
>> On 06/21/2017 11:31 AM, Yann Ylavic wrote:
>>> The "make depend" (after initial ./configure) is missing?
>> Is dependency generation not part of the default make invocation?
>
> ...from testing, it looks like it is not. Seems like we should change that,
> since (I assume) it just bit Jim. And now that I think about it, I'm almost
> certain it's bitten me before.
>
> I generally expect a 'make' invocation to Do the Right Thing (tm), from
> scratch.

+1 (of course)

However, running 'make depend' on my dev checkout with a custm --prefix and
libs in that prefix location gives errors such as

/Users/sei/projects/httpd/trunk/modules/filters/mod_xml2enc.c:27:10: fatal
error:
      'libxml/encoding.h' file not found
#include <libxml/encoding.h>

So, just adding depend to the dependencies will not work for all of us.

-Stefan