> Am 23.07.2017 um 18:02 schrieb Tom Browder <tom.brow...@gmail.com>:
>

> On Sat, Jul 22, 2017 at 07:00 Stefan Eissing <stefan.eiss...@greenbytes.de>
> wrote:
> Hey,
>
> the alpha version for Let's Encrypt (ACME) support for httpd can be found
> here: https://github.com/icing/mod_md
>
> I'd like to get early feedback and stabilize a tad more before bringing this
> into Apache trunk. It also contains a small patch for mod_ssl which people
> should get comfortable about. Or not. Maybe there is a better approach.
>
> Anyways, looking forward to feedback.
>
> Stefan, I look forward to using this mod.  I hope it can be incorporated into
> a release soon.

Thanks!

> Have you thought about incorporating the cert update method through a
> cooperating DNS server (can't think of the tecnical name)?

DNS challenges will not be part of the initial release. AFIK, they become
really relevant for wildcard certificates that Let's Encrypt has announced for
early 2018. But that will also only be offered via the ACMEv2 protocol (the one
standardized in the IETF). So, this is all scope for a future version, not the
first production ready mod_md this summer.

Btw. Let's Encrypt has agreed that it needs to support the current ACME
protocol for some time into the future, as I talked with them about timelines
of Apache releases and *NIX distributions, esp. LTS versions.

Cheers,

Stefan