On 10/24/2017 11:45 AM, William A Rowe Jr wrote:
On Tue, Oct 24, 2017 at 12:35 PM, Jim Jagielski <j...@jagunet.com> wrote:
That is way when we backport we transition to RTC, because
we want to ENSURE it's been reviewed.

Wrong. I was there. RTC was adopted in order to ensure both the
reliability but moreso, the compatibility of changes during a given
x.y major/minor release cycle. CTR existed to make forward progress
and get out of our developers' way.

I'm not really sure Jim's statement here is "wrong". Regardless of historical context. We use RTC when we want to guarantee review.

You are suggesting a change of policy. It
is not policy to use RTC to get from trunk to 2.6.0, and will not
become policy without a vote for such a change by the PMC.

I'm not entirely convinced Jim is suggesting a change in policy, as you say. But in any case, I would be +1 to such a change. We should not be releasing a 2.6.x that contains unreviewed code.

--Jacob