Just to clarify one aspect you asked about;

is also http://httpd.apache.org/dev/dist/ as you can see from the contents
of that URL (this is automatic, as is www.apache.org/dist/httpd from the
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/httpd).

> * I created two scripts[2] to automate the tagging of SVN and minor file
> modifications associated with a release as well as the push of the
> tarballs/signatures to the repo mirror. Unfortunately, I lack the karma
> to commit to site/trunk. How do I obtain this karma?

So svn cp'ing the files from /repos/dist/dev/httpd to release/httpd causes
mirrors to sync once a vote passes. We don't mirror the /dev/dist/ contents.

In terms of updating the site after a vote passes, you should have that
karma as a member of httpd-pmc, so not sure what's going on there.
Perhaps open an infra ticket?

> * The documentation mentioned to AP_SERVER_DEVBUILD_BOOLEAN to 0 for the
> tagged release. I assume this still holds true for an alpha release.

Yes