Hi Steffen,

> Your advise is that I stop testing/ helping ? Please answer this question.
> If yes, then I have to  remove the test mod_md download from Apache Lounge
> and cannot give anymore support  there to the users I represent. Do not
> under estimate the many users that are testing via me, not only windows.

Please don't ask these questions, we all value the ton of time that you are
spending in giving user feedback for mod_md, nobody will ever ask you to
stop trying to improve httpd :)

> release. If we find a
> documentation for now.
> >>
> >> Looks here you are bikeshedding my reports/requests (again). What is
> serious, an introduction with too much user questions is not good. Consider
> me as a user in this case.
> >>
> >> I spend tons of hours in testing mod_md (I am not paid).   My only goal
> was to get quality and a usable function set  for our users, and not to
> frustrate you. Looks you are only interested now to get it in httpd as
> quickly as possible, I can only guess the reason for your pressing.

To be completely honest, the above sentences are not really nice to read,
but I do think that there was no intention to send strong statements, only
to suggest improvements. From my point of view, both of you are bringing up
valid points:

1) Stefan is saying that we should not concentrate on all the things that
can be improved before this first release, but on serious error conditions
that could indicate a broken behavior for our users. The MDNotifyCmd
endless retry (if I got the context correctly) is surely something to
improve in the future, but it is such a difficult subject (executing
scripts in response to an event and figure out what is an error and what is
not) to get right straight away, that it might be enough for the moment (in
my opinion) to release now and then get all the feedback from a broader
users community (the one testing latest 2.4.x versions).

2) Steffen is trying to avoid confusion for our users when dealing with a
directive that might raise some questions due to also to the fact that the
docs do not state exactly what should be the right behavior.

Thanks to both for all the work that you are doing, I hope to see some
consensus soon :)

Luca