On Sun, Feb 18, 2018 at 11:53 AM, Steffen <i...@apachelounge.com> wrote:

> On Sunday 18/02/2018 at 17:39, Eric Covener wrote:
>
> -- not sure, mod_md; should curl and jansson be added to notice/license
> files ?
>

> I don't think either is contained in mod_md, so I don't think they
> should be referenced in the NOTICES:
>
> http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#mod-notice
> ```
> Dependencies which are not included in the distribution MUST NOT be
> added to LICENSE and NOTICE. As far as LICENSE and NOTICE are
> concerned, only bundled bits matter.
> ```
> On Win the curl and jansson dependencies are included in the binary
> distribution.
>

> We can't reflect what might be added in a third-party binary
> distribution to the NOTICES file in httpd SVN. I think the obligation
> is on whoever creates the binary distribution to enumerate what's in
> it. That's what the ASF policy (same page) would be, at least.
>
> Till now Makefile.win in SVN contains the text,for example see below.
>

> !IF EXIST("srclib\nghttp2")
> type << >> "$(INSTDIR)\NOTICE.txt"
>
> This binary distribution of mod_http2.so includes nghttp2 C library written
> by Tatsuhiro Tsujikawa. For complete information, visit nghttp2's web site
> at https://nghttp2.org/
> <<
> -awk -f <<script.awk < "srclib\nghttp2\COPYING" >> "$(INSTDIR)\LICENSE.txt"
> BEGIN {
>     print "";
>     print "For the mod_http2 component:";
>     print "";
>     while ( getline > 0 ) {
> print $$0;
>     }
>     exit 0;
> }
> <<
> !ENDIF

Are you asking if it would be appropriate to do the same thing for the
other dependencies?  If they're built the same way it would seem
reasonable.  I do not personally think it's necessary  (showstopper)
for a release. It looks like a convenience for someone who already
copied prereqs into srclib/.  Maybe others feel differently?