On 02/19/2018 07:50 PM, Joe Orton wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 17, 2018 at 02:06:20PM -0000, minf...@apache.org wrote:
>> Author: minfrin
>> Date: Sat Feb 17 14:06:20 2018
>> New Revision: 1824592

>> Log:
>> Update proposal with fix for rpluem/jorton.
>
> Extending dav_resource still breaks binary backards compat with all(?)
> consumers of this API, or am I missing something here?

I don't think so. Modules that just work with pointers to structs created by
mod_dav shouldn't
have any issues, but see below.

> Look at what mod_dav_svn does with the struct for an example:
> https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/subversion/trunk/subversion/mod_dav_svn/repos.c?view=markup#l80

I guess this gets us back to this _copy / _sizeof discussion we had in another
thread recently.
Creating structures / allocating memory for them in modules is IMHO a recipe to
fail with our current
backporting policy as we allow to extend structures at the end.

Regards

Rüdiger