> I suspect the straightforward way to do this, in 2.6/3.0, will be to add an
> i18n table of the error log strings extracted from and indexed by those
> APLOGNO() entries. No match? Default English message.

Please, not without an overhaul of APLOGNO to automate it a lot better!
The time to devise your error message is when coding an original
ap_log_*error, not retrospectively once a number has been generated!

In fact, it would call for a refactoring of the entire ap_log framework
away from printf-style format strings and vars, that’ll inevitably give rise
to a whole new level of awkwardness.  Which seems like a very bad
effort-to-gain ratio.  -1 to embarking on this, unless you want to
create a new experimental branch to play in.

BTW, my previous reply in this thread was predicated on your reference
to “specific nginx FUD”.  I misread your post as describing some FUD.

Come to think of it, from memory of developing nginx modules, their
error message framework looks a lot like ours.  It's in english too.
Though I never delved into its internals.

—
Nick Kew