On 10/5/19 8:30 PM, Nick Kew wrote:

On 5 Oct 2019, at 21:09, Jim Jagielski <j...@jagunet.com> wrote:

Various PMCs have made their default/de-facto SCM git and have seen an increase
in contributions and contributors...

Is this something the httpd project should consider? Especially w/ the
foundation officially supporting Github, it seems like time to have a
discussion about it, especially as we start thinking about the next 25 years of
this project :)

Cheers!

[apologies if this appears twice.  Just sent with wrong from: address so I
expect
apache to bounce it.  I'm still on limited 'net connectivity since my house
move -
ISP due on Oct 14th to install proper connection].

If it moves to github, how and at what level is history preserved? Github can do
alarming things with history even for a project that's always been there!

Don't we have an svn-git gateway?  If that's not best-of-both-worlds, why not?

Call a vote such that we can all veto the idea. I could care less for a
git based repo within the Microsoft owned service. There is nothing
remotely wrong with subversion and "popular" is not a valid argument.
Madonna was popular also. So was Lawrence Welk.

--
Dennis Clarke
RISC-V/SPARC/PPC/ARM/CISC