On 23 Mar 2020, at 09:40, Ruediger Pluem <rpl...@apache.org> wrote:

> In short: The async filter code currently corrupts responses in certain
> situations. For the whole story please look here:
>
> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r94fc303b3d2d8d0a057c150cbbcf8841b313e4de9a97b79203ac62a5%40%3Cdev.httpd.apache.org%3E
>
> <https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r94fc303b3d2d8d0a057c150cbbcf8841b313e4de9a97b79203ac62a5%40%3Cdev.httpd.apache.org%3E>
>
> I know that my proposal is not the final solution, but at least it avoids
> response corruption until a better solution is
> available. Maybe Yann already has a better one in his latest post to the
> original thread.

I’ve read the thread a number of times, and I’l not been able to fully
understand it.

Can someone describe the problem specifically?

I see lots of surprise that morphing buckets (length = -1) end up in the core -
this is all normal. You’ll see this in the existing core filter in v2.4.

Regards,
Graham
—