On Tue, Apr 28, 2020 at 2:26 PM Nick Kew <n...@apache.org> wrote:

> > On 28 Apr 2020, at 12:49, Yann Ylavic <ylavic....@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > That'd help being more reactive there, avoid having multiple places to
> > follow, avoid tenchnical discussions taking place outside our mailing
> > lists...
> >
> > Probably more a question for infra, but what does the team think?
>
> Please, no!
>
> We have commits arriving at cvs@httpd (dammit, how long ago was
> it we moved from cvs to svn?), bugs, and some less-used lists.
> If you like to see them all in one place, get your procmail (or whatever)
> to sort it locally into the same folder!

I think I did not explain myself well, I don't necessarily want github
activity to arrive the dev@ mailing list, I want it to arrive
?) or a new gh@httpd.a.o is fine by me.

I just don't want to login to github to see what happens, though I can
do that (or follow a link) once I'm aware of a PR or discussion
happening there. My workflow being to read my emails and mailing lists
I'm subscribed to..

> A mailbox full of messages "from" Gitbox and without meaningful
> subject lines just provokes [select all] --> delete.

I certainly agree with that, those not interested would not subscribe
to gh@httpd.a.o for instance.

Regards,
Yann.