On Wed, Mar 03, 2021 at 11:06:20AM +0100, Stefan Eissing wrote:
> Hi,
>
> could someone from infra shed some light on what the current status of
> the subversion/github integration is? Is there some documentation
> about the state of things?
>
> I am asking because some devs seem to use it, there are PRs out there,
> but attempts to push a new branch to g...@github.com:apache/httpd.git
> are being denied.

The git repo is a read-only mirror from Subversion.  You can file PRs
from forked repos but you cannot push commits directly to any branch of
the apache/httpd repos via git.  So, the standard github workflow can be
used with PRs (etc) except the merge step has to be done via SVN.

Does that help?  I wrote a brief overview of the workflow in trunk at
test/README.travis FWIW.

Regards, Joe