While looking at PR65769 I stumbled across the below in event.c (same in
worker.c)

3460                /* Don't perform idle maintenance when a child dies,
3461                 * only do it when there's a timeout.  Remember only a
3462                 * finite number of children can die, and it's pretty
3463                 * pathological for a lot to die suddenly.
3464                 */
3465                continue;

In case several processes or even all die by a segfault we would wait until we
have processed all that processes plus one second
until we start new processes. Shouldn't we perform an
perform_idle_server_maintenance in case the process died because of a fatal
signal?

Regards

RĂ¼diger