After I have upgraded to 2.4.55, I get internal 500 errors now and then.
The strange thing is that they do not show up in the error log, but only in the access log.

Another weird thing is that they seem random and happen with random files, like the favicon.ico
I don't do any redirects so it's not a rewrite engine bug or misconfiguration.

I am sorry that this bug report is so vague, but I don't have a record in the error_log, nor do I actually see the error when browsing to that web server.

I've only noticed this because I get emails when someone encounters a 500 error.

But maybe someone has seen this as well, in which case you have at least the info that someone else experiences this also. It has happened about 30 times in the last 4 hours. It's intermittent and makes no sense.

Cheers,
  K. C.

--
regards Helmut K. C. Tessarek              KeyID 0x172380A011EF4944
Key fingerprint = 8A55 70C1 BD85 D34E ADBC 386C 1723 80A0 11EF 4944

/*
   await thee at its end.
*/