Hi Shiyan and Bhavani:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

As I originally stated. The advantage of using modules as a unit to split
work is that the decomposition is clear, but the disadvantage is that the
volume of changes may be huge, which brings huge risks (considering that
Hudi's test coverage is still not very high) and the workload of review.
The advantage of splitting by class is that the volume of changes is small
and the review is more convenient, but the disadvantages are too many tasks
and high maintenance costs.

*In addition, we need to define the boundaries of the "code cleanup" I
expressed in this topic: it is limited to the smart tips shown by Intellij
IDEA. If the boundaries are too wide, then this discussion will lose
control.*
I agree with Bhavani that we don't take it as the actual goal. But we are
not opposed to the community to help improve the quality of the code
(basically, these tips given by the IDE are more reasonable).

So, I still give my thoughts: We manage this work with Jira. Before we
start working, we need to find a committer as a mentor. The mentor must
decide whether the scale of the subtasks is reasonable and whether
additional unit tests need to be added to verify the changes. And the
mentor should be responsible for merged changes.

What do you think?

Best,
Vino

Bhavani Sudha <bhavanisud...@gmail.com> 于2020年1月22日周三 下午2:22写道: