Yes - I should have asked that question with more subtlety.  I guess the
bottom line is that it is *possible* to get the jars to the repository
without doing a maven build, but doing a maven build makes it much easier to
publish to the repository.  And our history shows that we are unlikely to
get the jars to the repository with the build process we are using now.
Right?

Jeff