I'll add the version, but please understand:  iBATIS 3 should not be
compiled under Java 6.  It will be a Java 5 based framework.  That said,
much of the incompatibilities are due to implementations of various JDBC
interfaces.  I'm considering making them all dynamic proxies so that you can
compile it under different JDK versions.  But if there's ever a case where
we need to make a choice, we'll be going with Java 5, not Java 6.

Also know that iBATIS 3 does not yet have a public API built for it.  There
are bits and pieces there, but nothing usable.  The iBATIS 2 Compatibility
API does exist, but is intended for unit testing only.

Cheers,
Clinton