I'm working on a pretty significant refactoring of ibator.  The tests
are running successfully, but I still have some work to do related to
changes in the configuration DTD.

The goal of the refactoring was to get away from huge classes with
1000's of lines of code - it was too difficult to maintain and not
really OO.  It's better now.

This will also change (and simplify) supplying your own
implementations to ibator if you want to override any of the default
behaviors.

As for status and timing - I think I'll be able to check in the first
cut of the refactoring soon, maybe even this weekend.

If anyone wants to help, I think a good area to start on would be in
the Eclipse arena.  I'd like to do an Eclipse launch configuration for
ibator, rather than the simple menu option of Abator.  If you are
interested in working on that, then you could try to do a launch
configuration for Abator with the existing plugin - it would be easy
to convert it to ibator once the time comes.

If you have issues/enhancements for ibator than you can feel free to
file JIRA issues, but don't spend much time on working with ibator
internals until I check in the refactored code - the internals have
changed significantly. (In case anyone is worried, the code generated
by ibator is virtually identical to code generated by Abator - but
there is a new method "insertSelective").

Jeff Butler