If you feel you need this, then you could easily hack iBATIS to set the
fetch size on a result set.  Add these lines to the beginning of the
handleResults method in
com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.execution.DefaultSqlExecuter:
        Integer fetchSize = statementScope.getStatement().getFetchSize();
        if (fetchSize != null) {
          rs.setFetchSize(fetchSize.intValue());
        }

Before you ask, I'll state that we will probably not add this to the
official iBATIS2 code base.  But this is the true beauty of open source -
you can modify the code to make it work the way you need it to work!

Jeff Butler