Reading this I thought it would be a good idea to articulate some of the
possible challenges that we will face in the future.

Say, how we add/release incompatible changes like API modifications,
deprecations, etc. Say, introduction of incompatible changes shouldn't be done
in minor release of a project: Scala "transition" 2.9 -> 2.10 comes to mind as
a biggest screw-up of the kind. Hence, to avoid being a laughing stock of the
world's developers it would makes perfect sense to have some of these
seemingly obvious principles either written or referred among other
development resources.

Thoughts?
    Cos