Romain,

I believe it is a good idea to stick to well-known Maven qualifiers which
already exist.
*RELEASE* is not in this list and I'd prefer to avoid surprises, if this
will be changed later.
Also our release cycle is different from Eclipse and Spring (instead of
milestones
we have betas, but RC has absolutely another meaning for us).
Thus I don't see any reasons to reflect their versioning in our product.

Sergi