1. This tool is licensed under Microsoft Reciprocal License (MS-RL). The
license
requires that fixes and improvements to the WiX toolset must be published
using the same license.

2. We store XML in our sources (written by us) which is used to generate
binaries - installers. It
was planned to distribute them in binary distribution. These binaries are
not considered as a
derived work as stated here - [1], so it seems that it's OK to distribute
them. Here is the quote:

OuterCurve Foundation (and the .NET Foundation) does not view the installer
> packages
> generated by WiX as falling within the definition of a derivative work,
> merely because
> they are produced using WiX. Thus, the installer packages generated by WiX
> will normally
> fall outside the scope of the MS-RL, and any of your source code,
> binaries, libraries, routines
> or other software components that are incorporated in installer packages
> generated by WiX
> can be governed by other licensing terms.

[1] - http://wixtoolset.org/about/license/

Best Regards,
Igor