On Tue, Oct 18, 2016 at 7:07 AM, Igor Sapego <isap...@gridgain.com> wrote:

> 1. This tool is licensed under Microsoft Reciprocal License (MS-RL).
> The license requires that fixes and improvements to the WiX toolset must be
> published using the same license.

This is OK, since we are not going to be changing the tool. Let's make sure
that we do not store the tool itself in our GIT repository.

> 2. We store XML in our sources (written by us) which is used to
> generate binaries - installers. It was planned to distribute them in binary
> distribution. These binaries are not considered as a derived work as stated
> here - [1], so it seems that it's OK to distribute them.

This gets a bit delicate. Given that the installer packages are not
considered a derivative work, we can license them under Apache. However, we
can not store binary files in our repository. If there are binary files or
libraries that are generated for the installer, then we must generate them
as part of our build process. Makes sense?