Igniters,

Long time ago we updated the logic in discovery SPI that issues heartbeats
messages from one node to another. Presently, heartbeats frequency is
calculated basing on IgniteConfiguration.failureDetectionTimeout meaning that
TcpDiscoverySpi.heartbeatsFrequency has nothing to do with heartbeats frequency
at all.

TcpDiscoverySpi.heartbeatsFrequency defines a frequency for metrics message.
So, I propose to rename this method in Apache Igntie 2.0 to something more
meaningful like TcpDiscoverySpi.metricsUpdateFrequency?

Do you agree? Alternatives thoughts?

—