Frankly, I decided to initiate this discussion after talking to many Apache
Ignite users who had initially thought that TcpDiscoverySpi.heartbeatsFrequency
manages the heartbeats and they had tried to tweak it not getting a desired
outcome. Even more, TcpDiscoverySpi.heartbeatsFrequenc’s javadoc already states
that this is for metrics frequency only but looks like the guys hadn’t note
this.

So, personally, yes I would break the compatibility here which is fine to do in
2.0.

—
Denis