Dmitry, you are right - this seems to be a very complex change. However, we
can we move current implementations to internal packages, introduce
configuration properties/beans so we can release and continue development
in 2.0 without breaking compatibility.

Denis, I think we can allow this as well, but not as SPI since I want to
drop them and create 1 internal component to manage all interconnections. I
think this is enough since additions/changes will be rare and they will
result in changing internal code (including support of technologies you
mentioned). None of our users implemented discovery or communication on
their own, and I doubt if someone ever will. So, what is the purpose of
keeping SPIs?

--Yakov