> Denis, I think we can allow this as well, but not as SPI since I want to
> drop them and create 1 internal component to manage all interconnections. I
> think this is enough since additions/changes will be rare and they will
> result in changing internal code (including support of technologies you
> mentioned). None of our users implemented discovery or communication on
> their own, and I doubt if someone ever will. So, what is the purpose of
> keeping SPIs?

Yasha, I don’t insist to keep the SPIs but rather want to clarify that it will
be feasible to provide a custom implementation of this new networking component
if needed. Looks like this will be possible.

> Dmitry, you are right - this seems to be a very complex change. However, we
> can we move current implementations to internal packages, introduce
> configuration properties/beans so we can release and continue development
> in 2.0 without breaking compatibility.

Let’s do this if there is a one who can take over the interface design and
complete it by 2.0 release.

—
Denis